Monday, April 12, 2010

Watching

While I was at lunch with a few of my friends one made the comment that she envied me and that she would love  to be a princess. My friends were shocked when I disagreed, they all assumed that was what I was going down there to do, be a character and play with the kids. One of my best friends, knowing me better just smiled a little knowing that I was about to explain something. I simply said that I was going to Disney to watch the magic not to be the magic. As I am growing older I am beginning to realize that my best work is done not as a leader but as a second in command. Yes, I can lead and most of the time do a pretty good job but I am realizing that I am happier as a second, it just fits better. 
So when I go to Disney that's what I want to do. I want to be able to sit back and watch the magic. Don't get me wrong  I love interacting with the guests but I want to be able to watch the little girls run to Cinderella and see Mickey light up the faces of everyone in a room. That's just where I fit. Since my Brier Patch post I have realized something, as much as I would love that location I would much rather work as the balloon girl on Main Street USA and be able to see the guests faces right as they walk into the park.  So to all the Characters Thank You for doing what you do, I can't wait to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment