Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I can't believe it's only been a week

Well 8 days, completed training, two costumes, four amazing roommates, 5 dozen cookies, one birthday cake, my very own Disney name tag, a green pin lanyard and countless magical moments later I finally found time to post. Basically I love my job. Yesterday was my first official day of work, with training over and I got to work Pirates, dressed as a pirate of course, which basically is amazing, but insanely crazy busy (as you would expect).

My manager saw me spinning a toy rifle around and fell in love with the entertainment factor of it, so I have been instructed to spin whenever possible! Also known as hecks yes!!! It's amazing to be able to interact with all the guests and I love being paid to talk to little kids one little girl had a "Happy Birthday!" button on so I went up and told her happy birthday when I asked how old she was she proudly announced that she was 4 and then continued to tell me about everything she had seen and done with a look of absolute joy on her face. Yesterday ended with the combined chaos of being the last open register in Pirates (a task that some genius assigned to the new girl lol) and having Wishes going on right outside, making the end of the day absolutely amazing.





Outside Pirates Adventureland is a blast, hilariously mismatched costume and all (yeah, the picture right above this...that's it). One of our shops has a built in hopscotch board in the front and I was told that whenever possible play hopscotch with the kids.

lsaiuehfaskjhfaiuewhiauwhetfaljhsgfashgjashdlgakargksjldhglsdjkg
My roommates are so much fun and I love my apartment. Even more so I love the people here, it's the few that's aren't Disney obsessed that are weird. I was talking to my friend Zach and I told him that I wanted to do Imagineering and the internship I had looked at was helping build audio-animatronics. He then casually joked, Hey maybe you can fix the Yeti. The combined fact that A. he even knew what audio-animatronics were and B. it was common knowledge to him that the once proud and fearsome moving Yeti in Animal Kingdom's Expedition Everest has been broken for awhile and now is just a giant still creature with a strobe effect , made me realize just how much I was going to love it here.


Speaking of internships and Imagineering. When I signed up for my Engineering professional development I was informed that it is basically an 8 week interview with Disney engineering, no pressure there, but I'm really excited it doesn't start until October 11th so I'm just taking the time to enjoy myself and focus on getting really comfortable with Adventureland which is good.




I'll post more later, but basically I'm having the time of my life and Celebrating everyday.

lsaiuehfaskjhfaiuewhiauwhetfaljhsgfashgjashdlgakargksjldhglsdjkg
^ That mouse is my boss

~Steph

1 comment:

  1. Steph, I LOVE that you are blogging all this. I wish I had known about it sooner! What fun to read about all your exciting thoughts and experiences -- Keep posting and I'll keep reading. Love you! Andrea

    ReplyDelete